terça-feira, 18 de agosto de 2015

The Fraud Police

"I've had a problem feeling real all my life.
I didn't know until recently how absolutely universal that feeling is. For a long time, I thought I was alone. Psychologists have a term for it: imposter syndrome. But before I knew that phrase existed, I coined my own: The Fraud Police.
The Fraud Police are the imaginary, terrifying force of 'real' grown-ups who you believe - at some subconscious level - are going to come knocking on your door in the middle of the night, saying:
We've been watching you, and we have evidence that you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You stand accused of the crime of completely winging it, you are guilty of making shit up as you go along, you do not actually deserve your job, we are taking everything away and we are TELLING EVERYBODY."

in "The Art of Asking; or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Let People Help", de Amanda Palmer. 

1 comentário:

Aceitam-se pires de amendoins.